The Can’t Stop The Serenity promotional art contest is back for 2014! Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design our official promotional artwork?
In its eight-year history, Can’t Stop The Serenity has raised more than half a million dollars for Equality Now. We can do even more good works in 2014, but only if people show up! That’s where you can come in. Since we’ve been doing this for almost a decade now, the novelty factor has worn off, which means it’s more important than ever before to build excitement for CSTS. The annual logo is a critical tool for raising awareness about the event, building excitement, and getting people to get out to CSTS events around the world. And we’re know there are lots of creative Browncoats out there with the skills to make this happen!
THE SHINY STUFF:
The winner’s artwork will be featured prominently throughout our website and social media outlets, and on any T-shirts, posters and promos created for the annual CSTS season.
Fundamentally, the CSTS promotional artwork is a marketing tool for the year’s events. The art needs to appeal to people who already know about CSTS, to Browncoats who haven’t heard of us and the broad market of non-fans, as well as drawing people into learning more about the events and Browncoat fandom. It should help inform the audience about the charitable, fan-driven and global nature of CSTS, and promote awareness of Equality Now.
THE (ABBREVIATED) RULES:
- Designs must incorporate the official CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting. Because CSTS is about supporting Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within the art.
- All artwork you submit must be your own. If you plan to incorporate any stock imagery in your entry, you must have documentation showing that you have permission to use and reproduce it. It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Don’t use copyrighted artwork in your submission. This includes copyrighted or trademarked Firefly, Serenity and other assets or fan-created work that is not your own.
- Entries should include an isolated version of the logo (no background images), a black and white version of the logo, a mockup of the design as a poster (may contain additional text and artwork), a mockup of the logo as a T-shirt (may contain additional text and artwork) and a mockup of the logo as an embroidered patch/sticker/magnet.
For all the rules, regulations and other red tape-type things, please see the full contest rules.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Submissions will be accepted beginning 6 December 2013, and must be received no later than 4 January 2014 by 11:59 P.M. PST in order to be considered for this contest.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to mail your submission, email our Art Director for instructions and a mailing address.
- All entries which meet the guidelines will be posted on the official CSTS website on 12 January 2014, to be voted on by the general public. The voting period ends 20 January 2014 at 11:59 PM PST. In the event of a tie, the Global Steering Committee and Global Team will choose the winning piece.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your submissions!Posted by CSTS Admin on December 12, 2013 in 2014, contest, CSTS Global tagged with art contest, marketing, promotional art
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/kvsdsm6