The Can’t Stop The Serenity promotional art contest is back for 2017! Do you think you’ve got what it takes to design our official promotional artwork?
In its twelve years, Can’t Stop The Serenity has raised over one million dollars for Equality Now. We can do even more good works in 2017, but only if people show up! That’s where you can come in. The annual logo is a critical tool for raising awareness about the event, building excitement, and getting people out to CSTS events around the world. It tells people that we are back for another year. And we know there are lots of creative Browncoats out there with the skills to make this happen!
THE SHINY STUFF:
The winner’s artwork will be featured prominently throughout our website and social media outlets, and on any T-shirts, and promos created for the annual CSTS season.
Fundamentally, the CSTS promotional artwork is a marketing tool for the year’s events. The art needs to appeal to people who already know about CSTS, to Browncoats who haven’t heard of us and the broad market of non-fans, as well as drawing people into learning more about the events and Browncoat fandom. It should help inform the audience about the charitable, fan-driven and global nature of CSTS, and promote awareness of Equality Now.
THE (ABBREVIATED) RULES:
- Designs must incorporate the official CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting. Because CSTS is about supporting Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within the art.
- All artwork you submit must be your own. If you plan to incorporate any stock imagery in your entry, you must have documentation showing that you have permission to use and reproduce it. It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Don’t use copyrighted artwork in your submission. This includes copyrighted or trademarked Firefly, Serenity and other assets or fan-created work that is not your own.
- Entries should include an isolated version of the logo (no background images), a black and white version of the logo, a mockup of the design as a poster (may contain additional text and artwork), a mockup of the logo as a T-shirt (may contain additional text and artwork) and a mockup of the logo as an embroidered patch/sticker/magnet.
For all the rules, regulations and other red tape-type things, please see the full contest rules.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Submissions will be accepted beginning 6 February 2017, and must be received no later than 6 March 2017 by 11:59 P.M. PST in order to be considered for this contest.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to email@example.com.
- All entries which meet the guidelines will be posted on the official CSTS website, to be voted on by the general public. The voting period will be for one week. In the event of a tie, the Global Steering Committee and Global Team will choose the winning piece.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your submissions!Posted by lioness on February 02, 2017 in 2017, contest, CSTS Global tagged with art, art contest, CSTS 2017, logo
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/jfvk3gf