If you’ve been thinking about entering a design in the 2017 Serenity promotional art contest but didn’t think you had enough time then today is your lucky day! We’re extending the deadline to 13 March 2017 so you have another week to get your design down and send it in.
Remember, the Can’t Stop the Serenity logo is a critical part of the awareness raising campaign that’s done each and every year in support of local events held all over the world. Your design will feature on the website, on all our social media channels and on any t-shirts and promotional goods produced for the season.
We’ve seen what you guys can do so, we know Browncoats are among the most creative people in the ‘Verse so we’re excited to see what you guys can come up with. Additionally, if you have entered in previous years you may enter your design in this contest. Re-work it for this year, of course, and send it to us. We have had a lot of great submissions in the past that we would love to have up for consideration.
Now for the smallish but not Brownish print….
Fundamentally, the CSTS promotional artwork is a marketing tool for the year’s events. The art needs to appeal to people who already know about CSTS, to Browncoats who haven’t heard of us and the broad market of non-fans, as well as drawing people into learning more about the events and Browncoat fandom. It should help inform the audience about the charitable, fan-driven and global nature of CSTS, and promote awareness of Equality Now.
THE (ABBREVIATED) RULES:
- Designs must incorporate the official CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting. Because CSTS is about supporting Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within the artwork.
- All artwork you submit must be your own. If you plan to incorporate any stock imagery in your entry, you must have documentation showing that you have permission to use and reproduce it. It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Don’t use copyrighted or trademarked artwork in your submission. This includes copyrighted or trademarked Firefly, Serenity and other assets or fan-created work that is not your own.
- Entries should include an isolated version of the logo (no background images), a black and white version of the logo, a mockup of the design as a poster (may contain additional text and artwork), a mockup of the logo as a T-shirt (may contain additional text and artwork) and a mockup of the logo as an embroidered patch/sticker/magnet.
For all the rules, regulations and other red tape-type things, please see the full contest rules.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Submissions will be accepted beginning 6 February 2017, and must be received no later than 13 March 2017 11:59 P.M. PST (note this is a new date!) in order to be considered for this contest.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries which meet the guidelines will be posted on the official CSTS website, to be voted on by the general public. The voting period will be for one week. In the event of a tie, the Global Steering Committee and Global Team will choose the winning piece.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your submissions!Posted by Cheryl on February 02, 2017 in CSTS Global tagged with
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/zexy9uf