[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
Can't Stop the Serenity • View topic - The Buddy System

CSTS Community Forums

Worldwide Charity Screenings for Equality Now

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Buddy System
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Stoweaway made mention of the Buddy System and we talked about this a lot of the previous forums.

I think that pairing an experienced Event Organizer with a New Event Organizer is a great idea! Not all Organizers will be able to get a team to help them put their event together. That shouldn't deter anyone from getting involved, though. That's what this forum and the Buddy System are here for.

I thought I'd start up discussion about this - I don't recall how detailed the previous forum topic was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:54 am 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Adelaide, Australia

i dont remember much, besides making sure buddies had access to a way to contact a second in command, and like weekly/monthly checkins depending on the proximity to the event

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

That's the gist of what I remember. :)

I think it's a great idea, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 pm 
Past Local Event Organizer/Crew

Signal Origin:
MN

The buddy system is a great idea that came about from the 2007 events as we watched a number of "confirmed" locations drop out of the participation list. While I don't recall exactly what was discussed from the now lost forum, I'll list below what I do recall thinking and/or reading along those lines.

1) Make it clear that seasoned organizers are available to help. This can be accomplished by adding another forum topic where organizers can post their availability which may include a preference for regions since there are varied laws and fees per locale, and technical help such as web support, and more.

2) Merchandise purchasing help. Some locations can run their event just fine but they don't have the financial resources to purchase exclusive event goodies that bolster the success of an event in two important ways: a) Sales of goodies help raise more funds. b) Exclusive merchandise helps make the event more eventish. The majority of our attendees have seen the film but commemorative t shirts or other merchandise helps make it more special. More on that in a seperate post sooner or later.

3) The buddy system need not be available solely to first time organizers.

While this easily needs more discussion, it may be too soon to volunteer to be a buddy because we are so far away from 2008 and circumstances can easily change in the next 8 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:10 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Rose, thanks for your input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:33 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

We have a first time organizer in Memphis that would love a Buddy for assistance.

Email me if you're interested in assisting.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:44 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:07 pm 

Nobody can buddy with me? I swear I don't need a whole lot of help...

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

I'm sure someone can buddy with you. :)

We have lots of organizers that showed interest in buddying - who is still available?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:01 pm 

Signal Origin:
Vancouver, BC

Cloudya, if I can help you at all, please feel free to contact me. I'm on the other side of the continent and in a different country :) but I'm sure I can help with you general information. You can PM me from my profile and we'll go from there.

I'm just awaiting confirmation that our film is booked - Universal has said we can have the one that is in town, but I haven't heard back from the theatre that they have actually booked it. Then I will be working through my very long list of things to do! (And I will post on here with the details.)

CSTS Vancouver 2015 will be held Saturday, June 20th from Noon to 6:00 pm at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. Donations will go to Equality Now (75%) and Avalon Women's Centre (25%).

Post subject: LEICESTER BUDDY?
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:36 pm 

Signal Origin:
Leicester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:52 am 

Signal Origin:
Melbourne, Australia

peepiecheep, I'd be happy to help. I'm not involved in a specific event this year, but rather helping to support events across Australia & New Zealand. I did help to run events in Vancouver (2006) and Melbourne (2007). I don't know how helpful I can be with UK specific stuff, but I can certainly be someone you can bounce ideas off or ask questions of.

Last edited by JenskiJen on Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm 
Past Global Team

Signal Origin:
Austin,TX

Awesome!

Thanks JenskiJen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 pm 

Signal Origin:
Leicester