The Can’t Stop The Serenity promotional art contest is back for 2012!
In its six-year history, Can’t Stop The Serenity has raised more than half a million dollars for Equality Now. We can do even more good works this year, but only if people show up! That’s where you come in. Since we’ve been doing this for more than half a decade now, the novelty factor has worn off, which means it’s more important than ever before to build excitement for CSTS. The logo, poster and t-shirts are critical tools for raising awareness about the event, building excitement, and getting people into theaters around the world.
Think you’ve got what it takes to design this year’s official artwork? Then read on to learn the rules for this year’s contest:
THE SHINY STUFF:
The winner’s artwork will be used as the basis for the T-shirt, poster and promos for the 2012 CSTS season. Additionally, the winner’s artwork will be featured prominently throughout our website and social media outlets.
THE (ABBREVIATED) RULES:
- All artwork you submit must be your own. If you plan to incorporate any stock imagery in your entry, you must have documentation showing that you have permission to use and reproduce it.
- It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Don’t use copyrighted artwork in your submission.
- Because this is about Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within the art.
- The winner’s artwork will be used by CSTS for the purposes of the 2012 CSTS Screenings and events, and for additional promotional purposes until the 2013 artwork has been chosen. No other compensation will be given to the winner.
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per artist.
- Each entry should include the following:
- An isolated version of the logo (no background images)
- A black and white version of the logo
- A mockup of the logo as a poster (may contain additional text and artwork)
- A mockup of the logo as a T-shirt (may contain additional text and artwork)
- A mockup of the logo as an embroidered patch (may contain additional text and artwork)
- You must use the CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting. You can download various versions of the logo here. These are provided as outlined files, and the official color values are provided.
- The logo may be used in many different ways, including, but not limited to stationery, patches, stickers, web banners, icons, etc. The more flexible your design, the better.
- For acceptable file types, printing requirements, etc., please see the full contest rules.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Submissions will be accepted beginning 1 October 2011, and must be received no later than 14 October 2011 by 11:59 P.M. PST in order to be considered for this contest.
- You may submit up to three pieces for consideration.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to email@example.com. If you need to mail your submission, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions and a mailing address.
- All entries which meet the guidelines will be posted on the official CSTS website on 17 October 2011, to be voted on by the general public. The voting period ends 23 October 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. In the event of a tie, the Global Steering Committee and Global Team will choose the winning piece.
For all the rules, regulations and other red tape-type things, please see the full contest rules.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your submissions!Posted by Jen on September 09, 2011 in CSTS Global tagged with
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/4y6q97m